Care for Patients with Sepsis
We offer coordinated, comprehensive care for patients with sepsis.
Chapters Health System offers compassionate care and support for patients with sepsis, which happens when an infection you already have triggers a chain reaction throughout your body.
If you or someone you love is diagnosed with sepsis, please seek immediate medical attention. We can help patients with sepsis in the following ways:
- In some instances, we are able to provide antibiotic therapy in the home in order to promote comfort in a familiar environment.
- Overall management of a patient’s disease
- Assistance with complex medical decision making
- Guidance in transitioning between levels of care
- Pain and symptom management and/or reduction
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Secure monitoring via telehealth options
For more information on how we can help you or a loved one manage sepsis, please call 1-866-204-8611 or Contact Us.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Sepsis
Doctors diagnose sepsis using a number of physical findings such as:
- Low blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Difficulty breathing
- Doctors also perform lab tests that check for signs of infection or organ damage.
- Doctors also perform specific tests to identify the germ that caused the infection that led to sepsis.
- This testing might include blood cultures looking for bacterial infections, or tests for viral infections, like COVID-19 or influenza.
Research shows that rapid, effective sepsis treatment includes:
- Giving appropriate treatment, including antibiotics
- Maintaining blood flow to organs
Sometimes surgery is required to remove tissue damaged by the infection. Source: CDC