Care for Patients with Lung and Respiratory Diseases
We offer coordinated, comprehensive care for patients with lung and respiratory diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
Chapters Health System offers compassionate care and support for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a group of diseases that includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
We recognize the unique needs of patients with COPD and help them navigate the complexities of today’s healthcare system. Our services can help in the following ways:
- Our respiratory therapists are always available to help to optimize care for our patients with lung disease
- Overall management of a patient’s disease
- Assistance with complex medical decision making
- Guidance in transitioning between levels of care
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Secure remote monitoring via telehealth video chat
For more information on how we can help you or a loved one manage lung and respiratory disease, please call 1-866-204-8611 or Contact Us.
At Home with COPD
Our At Home with COPD program was specifically developed to meet the needs of patients with COPD and decrease unwanted, expensive hospitalizations.
Research published in the Journal of the COPD Foundation showed that one in five patients with COPD is readmitted to the hospital within 30 days. It is estimated that approximately half of the estimated $50 billion in annual COPD healthcare expenses is due to the costs linked to multiple hospitalizations.
At Home with COPD includes:
- Initial and ongoing home education for patients and families to assist in controlling COPD symptoms. Patients can therefore remain more comfortable at wherever they call home.
- Education to break the cycle of anxiety and breathlessness. In addition, check-in calls are made to find out how patients are feeling, if there’s been any change in symptoms or if they have any additional needs.
- The nursing team verifies that COPD prescribed medications are taken correctly.
- Patients also receive a color-coded tool that helps them “grade” their symptoms so they know what a good day looks like versus when they need to be cautious or call for help.
- Please call 1-866-204-8611 today for more information on how our At Home with COPD program can help you or a loved one.