Care for Patients with Heart Disease
We offer coordinated, comprehensive care for patients with chronic heart conditions such as congestive heart failure, ischemic heart disease and coronary artery disease.
Chapters Health System offers compassionate care and support for patients living with heart disease. We recognize the unique needs of patients with this common disease and help them navigate the complexities of today’s evolving healthcare landscape. Our services can help in the following ways:
- Overall management of a patient’s disease
- Assistance with complex medical decision making
- Guidance in transitioning between levels of care
- Pain and symptom management and/or reduction
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Secure monitoring via telehealth options
For more information on how we can help you or a loved one manage heart disease, please call 1-866-204-8611 or Contact Us.
At Home with CHF
Congestive heart failure (CHF) is an illness that cannot be cured. The pumping action of the heart is inadequate, causing blood to back up into the lungs. This makes it difficult to breathe (left-sided heart failure). Blood also backs up into the veins, causing swollen legs and feet (right-sided heart failure). Our At Home with CHF program was specifically developed to meet the needs of patients with congestive heart failure and decrease unnecessary hospitalizations.
- Initial and ongoing education is provided to patients and families to assist in controlling the symptoms of CHF.
- Patients receive a weight form and scale to record their weight. In addition, check-in calls are made to find out if patients have gained weight or had any change in symptoms.
- Patients also receive a color-coded tool that helps them “grade” their symptoms so they know what a good day looks like versus when they need to be cautious or call for help.
- In addition, our nurses are equipped to anticipate the needs and symptoms of congestive heart failure patients.
- The nursing team verifies that prescribed medications are taken, and taken correctly.
Please call 1-866-204-8611 today for more information on how our At Home with CHF program can help you or a loved one with congestive heart failure. Or feel free to download a digital copy of our patient guide here.