Care for Patients with Neurological Diseases
We offer coordinated, comprehensive care for patients with neurological diseases such as stroke, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Huntington's Disease, multiple sclerosis (MS) and Parkinson's Disease.
At Chapters Health System, we recognize the unique needs of patients with neurological diseases and help them navigate the complexities of today’s evolving healthcare landscape. Our services can help in the following ways:
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy evaluations can help to promote increased levels of independence and educate caregivers so that they can be comfortable in their roles.
- Necessary medical equipment to promote comfort and dignity
- Overall management of a patient’s disease
- Assistance with complex medical decision making
- Guidance in transitioning between levels of care
- Pain and symptom management and/or reduction
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Secure monitoring via telehealth options
For more information on how we can help you or a loved one, please call 1-866-204-8611 or Contact Us.
When Hospice is Right for Stroke Patients
According to the American Stroke Association, about 795,000 Americans each year suffer a new or recurrent stroke. On average, a stroke occurs every 40 seconds. Stroke patients are eligible and can be referred to hospice when indicators, such as the following, are present:
- Physical decline whereby patients are limited mainly to being in bed and are not able to perform daily activities of living (activities like bathing, eating, etc. and therefore require assistance)
- Inability to stay hydrated and decreased food intake (this issue usually is displayed as trouble swallowing)
- Current history of aspiration into the lungs that doesn’t respond to treatment
- Unintentional weight loss about 10 percent of body weight over the last six months or more than 7.5 percent over the prior three months
Other chronic health issues
Please call 1-866-204-8611 today for more information on how Chapters Health Hospice Care can help with patients diagnosed with stroke.