Chapters Health System is Always by Your Side
Aging, chronic or serious illness, death — knowing where to turn and feeling assured you’re never alone along the way provides tremendous comfort in a person’s time of need. Whether you need wound care, pain management, nursing care, grief assistance or other services, Chapters Health System is here to help as we offer a full complement of care
Wherever you are in your aging or end-of-life journey, Chapters Health is your guide, friend and helping hand. Our expert team delivers a thoughtful, comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach by offering full continuum of care services. We listen. We learn. And we take exceptional care of you, your loved ones and caretakers — because we’ve made it our life’s goal to make a difference in your journey.
Continuum of Care
Whether you were hospitalized for an injury or illness, you may require medical care in your home or a specialized facility. At Chapters Health, we offer a range of medical care services that support you during either a continued recovery from illness or the management of your chronic disease. Known as post acute care, Chapters Health was one of the first health systems to offer this continuum of care to the communities we serve.
Chapters Health is comprised of:
- Hospice care provided by Good Shepherd Hospice in Florida’s Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties; HPH Hospice in Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties; and LifePath Hospice in Hillsborough County.
- Palliative care for pain and symptom management of chronic conditions or life-threatening conditions
- Grief services and counseling for adults and children
- Home Health services are provided by HPH Home Health in Pasco and Pinellas counties.
The following are additional service offerings provided by Chapters Health:
- Chapters Health Care Connect is for a new option for select Medicare beneficiaries to receive supportive care services typically offered by hospice. Patients can still receive curative treatments from their care team.
- Open Access allows patients to continue their palliative treatments. This service has expanded to include dialysis to serve the needs of patients with end-stage renal disease
- At Home with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) recognizes the unique needs of patients with CHF and helps them decrease unwanted hospitalizations
- At Home with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) assists COPD patients better manage the symptoms of their chronic disease
- Partners in Care program is specifically for children and adolescents up to age 21 in Hardee, Highlands, Hillsborough and Polk counties. Patients receive curative care for their potentially life-threatening medical conditions from staff members who are specially trained in pediatric palliative care.
- Pediatric Programs serve three distinct populations of children: those with chronic or complex conditions who require palliative care, those with serious conditions who are not yet eligible for hospice and those needing end-of-life care.
- We Honor Veterans partnership provides hospice staff and volunteers with the education and training necessary to serve veterans through the challenges they may face.
- Advance Care Planning discussions can include advance directives, living wills, designation of health care surrogate, etc.
- Comfort Touch demonstrates the power of the human touch.
- Pet Therapy can comfort patients and families alike.
- Home for the Holidays helps patients with life-limiting illnesses fulfill this wish—no matter where they call home.
You are not alone – we are here to help. For additional information, please call our helpful Chapters Health team at 1.866.204.8611 or send an email to email@example.com.