Experiencing a loved one’s death can be one of the most difficult and painful chapters in an individual’s life. That’s why Chapters Health System is here to help and wants you to know that you are not alone.
Our not-for-profit organization offers bereavement support for all hospice survivors in addition to ongoing community support groups. There is no charge for bereavement support and services. While many individuals participating in our community bereavement support groups have lost someone under the care at any of our affiliates — Good Shepherd Hospice, HPH Hospice and LifePath Hospice, others have experienced a sudden or unexpected death.
Through our compassionate non-profit hospice organizations, we offer a variety of bereavement support and services that assure the long-term emotional, mental and physical well-being of survivors of all ages by helping them adjust to their loss and express their feelings.
- Individual & Family Support: Bereavement specialists offer guidance, attention and support to hospice survivors within the family system as they work through the grieving and healing process.
- Adult Grief Support Groups: Grief support groups offer support and education by helping survivors cope with their emotions, new roles in life and plans for the future. Groups are scheduled at various locations on an ongoing basis. Pre-registration is required, and groups are open to all community members who have experienced the death of a loved one.
- Children’s Grief Services: To meet the special needs of children coping with the death of a loved one, we provide age-specific services and caring support in a safe environment.
- Annual children’s camps: Each one of our affiliates holds an annual camp for children in the spring.
- Grief support groups for children and their parents or caregivers.
- Click on the link for your community’s hospice to access their current bereavement calendar: LifePath Hospice in Hillsborough County and Good Shepherd Hospice in Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties (video or conference call format during the COVID-19 crisis). There is also a Caregiver Support Group, please click here for more information.
- For information about grief support groups during the COVID-19 crisis in Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties, please call HPH Hospice at 727-816-3647.
Bereavement Support Locations
- If you’re located in Polk, Highlands or Hardee counties, learn more about our Good Shepherd Hospice Bethany Center and Camp Brave Heart.
- If you’re located in Pasco, Hernando or Citrus counties, learn more about our HPH Hospice Center for Grieving Children and Camp REACH OUT.
- If you’re located in Hillsborough County, learn more about our LifePath Hospice Circle of Love Centers for Grieving Children and Camp Circle of Love.
Reaching out for help is a sign of strength. That’s why Chapters Health is here when you need us most.
For additional information, please call our helpful Chapters Health System team at 1.866.204.8611 or send an email to [email protected].