Good Shepherd Hospice patients receive services wherever they call home—in a primary residence, assisted living facility, skilled nursing home, hospice house or hospital.
Programs and Services at Good Shepherd Hospice
As the oldest and largest hospice organization serving residents of Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties, Good Shepherd Hospice:
- Provides access to a greater depth of clinical expertise and resources as an affiliate of Chapters Health System.
- Offers short-term, round-the-clock care at three homelike inpatient hospice houses: George C. Forsythe Hospice House, Lakeland Hospice House and Bud & Donna Summers Hospice House.
- Utilizes Chapters Health’s own hospice pharmacy and medical equipment company.
- Offers HospiceHelp24®, an after-hours call service staffed by our own nurses 24/7/365.
- Promotes the understanding of grief through education, support and advocacy in the community at its Bethany Center in Auburndale.
- Hosts an annual bereavement camp, Camp Brave Heart, for any child in Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties who has suffered the loss of a loved one.
- Provides access to chemotherapy, radiation therapy and other infusions.
- Offers specialized programs for patients with cardiovascular disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Participate in the “We Honor Veterans” program at the highest level attainable, Level Four.
- Elevates quality of care as demonstrated by deemed accreditation from The Joint Commission.
Learn More about Good Shepherd Hospice
To learn more about hospice care provided by Good Shepherd Hospice to residents in Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties and other services, please call our helpful Good Shepherd Hospice team at 1.800.544.3280 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.