Care for Patients with Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias
We offer coordinated, comprehensive care for patients with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
Chapters Health System is here to help patients work through the physical and emotional challenges of living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
We understand the specific challenges that come with caring for patients with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Our services can help in the following ways:
- Overall management of a patient’s disease
- Assistance with complex medical decision making
- Guidance in transitioning between levels of care
- Symptom management and/or reduction
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Secure remote monitoring via telehealth
For more information on how we can help you or a loved one manage Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, please call 1-866-204-8611 or Contact Us.
When Hospice is Right for Alzheimer's and Dementia Patients
Any patient with Alzheimer’s disease or advanced dementia may be suitable for hospice care if the prognosis is six months or less should the disease run its natural course.
Alzheimer’s and dementia patients are eligible and can be referred to hospice when indicators, such as the following, are present:
- Ability to speak is limited
- Unintentional weight loss of more than 10 percent over prior six months
- Inability to walk, dress and bathe without assistance
- Urinary and bowel incontinence
Symptom management is of utmost importance, and we can assist with the following to help a patient’s quality of life:
- Anxiety or agitation
- Difficulty swallowing
In addition, we assess each patient’s safety on every visit to minimize fall risk.
And whenever possible, we also schedule our care visits in the day to calm patients and support caregivers with the challenges often associated with Sundowning Syndrome or late-day confusion.