Holiday time conjures images of turkey with stuffing and accompanying Thanksgiving side dishes, wrapped gifts for Christmas and Hanukkah, and ringing in the New Year with a glass of champagne while the Times Square ball drops to close out the current year. One of the best things about the holidays is spending time with loved ones, even if you need to travel long distances by car, train or plane to be with them. The fervent wish of being home for the holidays becomes even more pronounced for those who might be suffering from life-limiting illnesses.
Getting Home for the Holidays
At Chapters Health System and its affiliates—Good Shepherd Hospice, HPH Hospice and LifePath Hospice, we help patients with life-limiting illnesses get home for the holidays—no matter where they call home.
We strive to make sure patients are surrounded by family, friends and even pets, which can provide much-needed comfort.
Our programs and services that help make this possible include:
- Hospice admissions 24/7/365, no matter what day or time
- HospiceHelp24®, an after-hours call service staffed by our own nurses 24/7/365
- Home visits no matter what day or time
- Hospice emergency medication kits
- Equipment and medication related to a patient’s hospice diagnosis
- Short-term, round-the-clock care at seven hospice houses in Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Pasco and Polk counties
- Bereavement support programs focused on coping with grief during the holiday season for children and adults
- Volunteers who can help fulfill final wishes, record/transcribe life stories, provide respite to stressed caregivers, or simply add an extra touch of love and support
Call today for more information on how Chapters Health and its affiliates can help patients enjoy meaningful moments during the holidays at home.